What makes one home sell faster and for more money than another comparable home in the area? Sometimes it’s the “little” things that count.
Here’s a list of no–cost and low-cost things sellers can do to help buyers fall in love with their home.
1) Eliminate bulky, unnecessary furniture, cleaning clutter off desks, countertops and tables to give the illusion of more space.
2) Clean. Clean. Clean. If you can’t face the task yourself, hire someone because this is critical.
3) Paint your walls a neutral color if they aren’t already.
4) Sniff out odors and eliminate them. Pets, cigarettes, food and garbage can ruin a sale.
5) Decorate rooms with green plants, which have a soothing effect on the eye and fill and empty space economically.
6) Clean out the garage. Throw away things you’ve accumulated over the years and will never use.
7) Increase the bulb wattage if a room is dark. A brighter room seems larger.
8) Prune bushes and keep your “yard-scape” as neat as possible.
9) Clean out the closets to make them appear roomy.
10) Make minor repairs now. You may not be bothered by the dripping faucet, but prospective buyers will be.
For a Comparative Market Analysis of your home, plus an update on our current housing market – contact one of our GreatWest GMAC professionals.