Recession Proof Career
The recent economic conditions had unemployment rates higher than what they had been in more than a quarter of a century. Ironically the housing sector had created incredible opportunities as the interest rates in buying and selling were on the rise. During such times the country saw a gradual rise in the demand for real estate agents.
To become a real estate agent you can be educated in any of the business schools through diploma and course programs or you could have attained skills through online courses. What matters most to become a real estate agent is that you must posses a license. You have to check with the state agency to understand what’s required in ordered to acquire a license.
The 2007 survey showed the existence of one realtor for every 9 Americans. Then what is it that takes to become a successful realtor? Here are the crucial parameters to be a successful realtor:
• If you are a people person: Being a realtor is more about people and less about selling properties. The better you are equipped to deal with individuals; the easier it becomes to win their confidence and endow them with their dream homes.
• If you are hard working: There is a lot of money involved, provided you put in long hours, at odd hours and work really hard!
• If you have an eye for detail: Selling houses alone don’t constitute Real estate business. It is very closely related to law and finance. You have to be meticulous enough to manage all the paper work and all other work that is involved in buying and selling.
• If you are ambitious: Ambition is very critical as in the long run things may not seem as easy as they were at the beginning. When market is at its low and your hands are tight you may even consider giving it up. But remember the successful realtors are flexible and determined.
• If you are ready to learn more: Once you understand whether you in fact want to be a realtor and you have the persona for it, you will have to spend 30 to 90 hours in classrooms and give an examination.
If you you are all the above then you have a promising real estate career ahead of you and you should consider applying for a license.
In the recent times colleges and universities have been producing graduates who are well trained to step foot in the real estate business. Real estate companies are hiring such graduates into their firm and giving them a strong stand in this business. Recruitment is carried out through techno savvy and expert strategies by people who are experts in using the internet and the human resource.
The internet provides a wide platform for young and fresh realtors to get in touch with customers and know their needs. Networking has helped realtors and clients look out for information through social media and honest opinions shared makes them more aware.
For additional resources and information please visit the following sites.
Bill Fields All Star Coaching Program: http://www.AllStarCoaching.net
GreatWest GMAC Search all MLS Listings: http://www.LocalHomeLink.com
GreatWest GMAC Consumer Buyer/Seller Blog: http://www.GreatWestBlog.com
T. Sami Siddiqui (Broker/ Owner) Buzz About Sacramento Blog: http://www.samisiddiquiblog.com
Brodie Stephens (Executive Vice President) One Stop Blog: http://www.brodiestephensblog.com
GreatWest Podcasts- Weekly Updates on new REO, Short Sale, Bank Owned Foreclosure Listings: http://www.HouseTalkOnline.com
GreatWest Videos: http://www.youtube.com/brodiestephens
Facebook Brodie Stephens Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/brodiestephens
Facebook GreatWest Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/searchmlshomesforsale
MySpace Brodie Stephens Blog: http://www.myspace.com/brodiestephens
MySpace GreatWest Blog: http://www.myspace.com/greatwest
Picasa Web Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/brodiestephens
GreatWest Real Estate Careers- GMAC is looking for Professional Realtors to Join Us: http://www.CareersWithUs.com
Global Employee Relocation: ahttp://www.employeerelocation.blogspot.com
Apply for a Loan: http://www.choice1funding.com
ActiveRain Blog Brodie http://activerain.com/blogs/brodiestephens
ActiveRain Blog Company http://activerain.com/blogs/greatwestgmac
Company WordPress Site http://www.thehomeholders.com
Real Living http://www.realliving.com