Planning on Selling your house this spring? Use these rainy days to prepare the interior of your home. It will pay off financially and will alleviate your stress when it’s time to list your house.Prepping Ideas:
1. Tackle one room at a time and start to declutter and organize. Make three piles; one to throw away, one to take to the thrift store and one to keep. Don’t move on to the next room until you have finished the first one. It will give you a feeling of accomplishment.
2. Do some touch up painting You will see immediate improvements in the brightness of your house.
3. Install new fixtures, like light switch covers, door knobs, faucets, etc.
4. Less is More! Remove extra furniture and decorations that are not needed or too personal. It will make the room appear larger and “cleaner”.
5. Repair anything that is broken, from sticky drawers, to missing knobs on the oven and leaky faucets.
6. At the end of rainy season, shampoo your carpets and deep clean.
Now you are ready for spring when you can attack the exterior of your house. Good luck and start getting your home READY TO SELL!